INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
Authors with accepted abstract(s) are requested to provide
their submission for full-length manuscript(s) for two different applications: The first
application (I) will serve for the Conference Book Proceedings. The second application
(II) is for inclusion in a CD-ROM library which IMAPS is creating that will include all
papers published by IMAPS in the Conference Proceedings. Additionally, it will be used for
some revised papers selected to be included in the International Journal of Microcircuits
and Electronic Packaging. Both formats are required for publication in the Proceedings.
Submissions should be directed to:
Mgr., Technical Programs
International Microelectronics And Packaging Society (IMAPS)
1850 Centennial Park Drive, Suite 105
Reston, Virginia 20191-1517
Phone: 703-758-5164; Fax: 703-758-1066
Presentation Time: 20 minutes for Presentation and 5 minutes for
Questions and Answers.
A. Procedure for Conference Book Proceedings
- All illustrations and tables must be referred to in the text.
- Standard symbols and abbreviations must be used. All abbreviations must be defined when
first used in the text. All subscripts, superscripts, Greek and other foreign letters, and
mathematical symbols must be clearly rendered.
- The use of trade and company names and proprietary terms should be avoided.
- All dimensions are to use SI units, and English units may follow in parenthesis.
- References are placed at the end of the paper, not as footnotes.
- Submit a camera-ready original of the manuscript, plus two (2) copies.
- The submitted paper copy should be camera ready for direct publication into the
Conference Proceedings. All figures should be inserted into the two column format as
you want them to appear.
- Reference all illustrations and tables. The initial reference to illustrations and
tables in the text should be numerically sequential (e.g. Table 1, Table 2, Figure 1,
Figure 2, Equation (1), Equation (2), etc.)
- References appear as a separate section at the end of the paper. In the text, the
reference information is indicated by a numeral in a square bracket (e.g. ). Examples
of correct references are included in the Manuscript
- A signed Agreement for Transfer of
Copyright must accompany the paper. The paper must be
approved and cleared for release by the company/institution/foundation prior to its
submission. The Agreement for Transfer of Copyright is for all further IMAPS publication
rights to the author's paper, including publication in the Symposium Proceedings, the
CD-ROM library, and if selected, The International Journal of Microcircuits and Electronic
B. Procedure for Storage on CD-ROM
The electronic version of your paper may be provided on a 3.5" disk (Zip or
magnetoptic) or by E-mail to: TECHPROGRAMS@imaps.org. Preferred formats are
MSWord, WordPerfect and WordPro. MAC users must save their document as IBM format on a
- Figures should be saved in GIF format if possible, otherwise authors may use JPEG, PCX,
WMF, TIFF, BMP, EPS, DRW, or PICT.
- Hard copies of figures should be included for scanning purposes.
- Hard copies of Tables should also be included, each on a separate piece of paper, for
- Original drawings should be on 8½x11" drawing vellum or board or, printed with a
high resolution laser printer.
- Only the coordinate axes for graphs should be shown.
- Photographs should be glossy prints of good contrast. Slides and negatives are not
acceptable. Avoid using color prints. Tag the back of the photos with the author's name
and figure number. Indicate the top of each photo by printing "top" in the
Questions regarding preparation of disk for CD-ROM storage may be directed to:
1850 Centennial Park Drive, Suite 105
Reston, VA 20191-1517
Phone: 703-758-5165; Email: email@example.com
SUBMISSION FOR THE CD-ROM LIBRARY IS NOT AN OPTION. BOTH FORMATS MUST
BE PROVIDED IN ORDER FOR YOUR PAPER TO APPEAR IN THE SYMPOSIUM PROCEEDINGS.