October 26 - 28, 1999
Chicago Hilton & Towers
Louise Pauly, Advanced Ceramics Corp.
James R. McClellan, Micro Switch
Steve Capp, Laserage Technology, Inc.
Go to Exhibit/Sponsorship/Advertising Application
IMAPS '99 Floor Plan
IMAPS '99 - International Symposium on Microelectronics | Exhibitors | New Features | Attendees | Marketing Program | Publicity | Co-Marketing | Exhibit Space Assignment | Standard Booth Equipment | Cancellation of Space | Headquarters Hotel Information | Installation and Dismantling | Exhibit Hours | Cost of Booth Space | Top Ten Reasons You Should Exhibit
IMAPS '99 - International Symposium on Microelectronics
IMAPS '99 is the largest symposium related to the microelectronics packaging industry in the world. IMAPS ‘99 will feature a powerful technical program, progressive professional development courses and many forums to share the latest developments in microelectronics.
Over 300 companies exhibited at IMAPS '98. These included MCM and thick film circuit manufacturers, as well as equipment and materials suppliers. IMAPS is the largest exhibition dedicated to the microelectronics marketplace. Exhibiting companies use IMAPS as an integral part of their sales and marketing campaigns. IMAPS enables them to:
- Reach over 4,000 buyers and specifiers in one place.
- Generate exposure in this highly competitive marketplace.
- Launch new products and concepts to the market.
- Enhance relationships with existing customers.
IMAPS '99 - New Features
IMAPS '99 will include several new features designed to increase attendance, promote activity on the show floor, and provide all participants with a value-for-the-money learning and marketing environment.These include:
- A free link to your organization's website!
- Upgraded technical sessions to include the best papers from IMAPS Advanced Technology Workshops.
- Enhanced marketing program to bring more of your clients and potential customers to the show.
- Intense local marketing to maximize attendance from the strategically important microelectronics industry that is located in the Midwest and Canada.
IMAPS attracts over 6,500 attendees who represent all facets of the microelectronics industry. These include: engineers, technicians, R&D, purchasing, manufacturing, management, and many more. They represent the automotive, communications, medical, aerospace, computer, defense, and consumer industries.
IMAPS '98 Attendee Profile
- 85% of IMAPS '98 attendees reported having taken action as a result of attending the Exhibition.
- 39% recommended the purchase of a product.
- 44% requested additional information as a result of attending IMAPS '98.
IMAPS '99- Marketing Program
Direct mail and telemarketing campaign to attract local attendees.
Telemarketing Program focused on attracting participants from all disciplines of the microelectronics industry.
50,000 Advance Programs will be mailed to previous IMAPS attendees, IMAPS members, and other targeted demographic lists.The programs will be mailed in two waves starting in early May and ending in late August, 1999.
IMAPS '99 will expand the reach and frequency of its advertising over previous campaigns and will include advertisements in:
- Advanced Packaging
- Semiconductor International
- US Tech
- Solid State Technology
- Sensors Magazine
- Microelectronics International
- Electronic Buyers News
IMAPS '99 will send press releases to motivate attendance from the readers of all of the electronics industry periodicals. In addition, the IMAPS '99 publicity campaign will include the trade magazines for important vertical markets as well as local newspapers, business sheets, and prominent local company newsletters.
IMAPS '99 is making every effort to ensure that we bring the customers you want to see into the exhibit hall. We offer the following co-marketing opportunities:
- Guest Invitations -- IMAPS '99 will send every exhibitor 200 show passes for you to send to your customers. If you need more, we will send you them.
- Customer Mailings -- IMAPS '99 will mail invitations to your customers. Send us a list of up to 1,000 names and we will mail them for you -- free!
- Sponsorships -- Increase your visibility! Sponsor a coffee break or a reception. Sponsoring an event shows your commitment to the customer’s industry.
Exhibit Space Assignment
- Space will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. So it is very important to get your booth reservation form in early.
- A 50% deposit is due with the booth application. The balance will be due on June 18, 1999. Exhibitors will be mailed an invoice following space assignment indicating the balance due. Failure to pay the balance by June 18, 1999, may result in reassignment of your booth location or cancellation of the contract.
Standard Booth Equipment
Cancellation of Space
Refunds will be made for cancellations only if the space is resold to another exhibitor. If the space cannot be resold, the full amount of the booth will be due to IMAPS. However, any monies paid, in excess of the 50% deposit, will be applied against the cost of space at IMAPS 2000, September 19-21, 2000, in Boston, MA.
Headquarters Hotel Information
The Chicago Hilton & Towers has been chosen as the host hotel for IMAPS '99.
Chicago Hilton & Towers
720 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Rooms are limited, so reserve early. For hotel information, please call 312-922-4400. For other hotel choices,contact IMAPS Headquarters 888-GO IMAPS.
Installation and Dismantling
Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 8 am to 4 pm
Monday, Ocotober 25, 1999 - 8 am to 4 pm
Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 2 pm to 8 pm
Friday, October 29, 1999 - 7 am to 2 pm
Tuesday, October 26 - 9 am to 5 pm
Wednesday, October 27 - 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday, October 28 - 9 am to 2 pm
Cost of Booth Space
|Booth Size||Member Price||Non-Member|
|On/Before 12/31/98||After 12/31/98||On/Before 12/31/98||After 12/31/98|
|**8' x 10'||$1500||$1,700||$2,000||$2,000|
|10' x 10'||$1500||$1,700||$2,000||$2,200|
|10' x 20'||$3,000||$3,400||$3,300||$4,000|
|20' x 20'||$6,000||$6,800||$6,300||$8,000|
|20' x 30'||$9,000||$10,200||$9,300||$12,000|
|20' x 40'||$12,600||$13,600||$12,300||$16,000|
|Corner||+ $100||+ $100||+ $100||+ $100|
|Island||+ $1000||+ $1000||+ $1000||+ $1000|
|Top Ten Reasons You Should Exhibit in Chicago
||Top Ten Reasons You Should Exhibit at IMAPS '99
- Marshall Field’s mints and Rush Street.
- Chicago is where Historic Route 66 begins.
- If it was good enough for the Democratic National Convention in 1996 (and 1968!), it is good enough for us.
- Chicago is home to the Sears Tower—tallest building in the world.
- Chicago boasts the most restaurants per capita in the nation and possibly the world.
- This is birthplace for the famous Chicago Blues Clubs.
- With famous buildings such as Monadnock, Amoco, John Hancock, Wrigley Bldg. and the gothic styled Tribune Tower, Chicago is home to many architectural firsts.
- Mrs. O’Leary’s cow hasn’t been seen in over 100 years and Al Capone hasn’t been seen in over 50 years……..although his speak easies are still around.
- Travel from O’Hare or Midway airport on Chicago’s famous “el” is swift and exciting, not to mention a quick lesson in anthropology.
- CUBS WIN…’nuff said.
- 6,500 potential customers under one roof.
- No increase in member price since 1993. The lowest exhibit price in the industry.
- Innovative marketing programs to boost attendance.
- New, improved technical programs that will attract new attendees.
- 85% of IMAPS attendees have the ability to purchase or recommend products.
- The largest exhibition focused on the microelectronics industry.
- With over 300 exhibitors, if you’re not there, don’t worry, your competition will be.
- IMAPS attendees are your customers; IMAPS ’99 brings them to you. It is your lowest cost sales call.
- IMAPS organizational membership is included in the price of your first booth purchase. Subsequent booth purchases are at the discounted member rate.
- IMAPS ’99 will be your link to all facets of the vital and fast paced microelectronics companies located in the Midwest and Canada.
Back to Top
IMAPS '99 Floor Plan
Exhibitor Registration Forn
Back IMAPS Home Page
IMAPS- The International Microelectronics and Packaging Society
1850 Centennial Park Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1517
Phone: 888-464-6277 or 800-535-4746 or 703-758-1060
1997-1999 Copyright © IMAPS International.